- Canon Announcement
- Additional Thoughts
As reported before, the new Firmware 2.0.3 has some bugs/issues, especially related to the new Audio functionality.
Some active users have reported that to Canon (thanks to all of them).
And Canon got aware of it.
- Read the Official Canon Announcement here.
Important Update Information for
Firmware Update Version 2.0.3
” Thank you for using Canon products.
We have learned that some users of the Canon EOS 5D Mark II digital SLR camera are experiencing issues with Firmware Update Version 2.0.3.
We are working on a new firmware update to address these phenomena, which will be available soon. If you have not registered your EOS 5D Mark II, please register so we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available for download.
Canon always strives to provide the highest quality products to our customers. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these phenomena may have caused. We appreciate your kind patronage and support.”
THANKS CANON for the announcement and your commitment to give the best possible to your customers. We appreciate your efforts. All you are doing will reflect in a long term company profit.
This would be a good opportunity to get even some minor additional improvements, like:
– Option to have histogram overlay whilst actually recording
– Have audio meters showing whilst recording
– Easier/quicker way to change audio levels
– AutoISO limits (which is in our List of Fixes & Request since early 2009)
– Crop Video mode? (which is in our List of Fixes & Request since several months ago)
– Cleaner HDMI output, and at Full HD while recording if possible? (also in the list)
Of course, the most important is to fix every possible current issue
Custom Modes are essential for thousands of users.