- Firmware Update 1.2.2 for EOS 7D
- Canon Official Announcements
- Additional Comments
EOS 7D FIRMWARE UPDATE 1.2.2
As expected and mentioned in our last article, Canon has just announced a firmware update that fixes the “iris jitter” issue that we previously reported here and here for the Canon 5D Mark II on April, 2010, especially affecting macro lenses (but not limited to that kind of lenses).
Fortunately all those efforts to report that issue did help all Canon customers using all HDSLR cameras.
Now it’s time for the EOS 7D! This firmware update also fixes other issues as detailed below.
We thank Canon once again for listen to their customers. That really makes a difference.
CANON OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Extracted from Canon website:
Firmware Version 1.2.2 incorporates the following fixes.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the set aperture moves when shooting movies in manual exposure mode using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).
- Fixes the AF point-selection behavior of the C.Fn III-7 (Manual AF pt. selec. pattern) custom function when set to .
- Fixes the AF point display for the viewfinder electronic level when shooting in the vertical position.
- Corrects misspellings in the Spanish and Thai menus for applicable products.
Please, before downloading and updating your camera, read the entire contents of Canon download page.
You can download the new firmware from here:
Thanks to all people who helped on this regard.
If you appreciate our efforts to help all Canon users, please consider supporting us.
Thank you very much in advance.