EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3
Changes: Firmware Version 1.2.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
5. Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
*The phenomenon listed in 2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
Please consider supporting this site to keep it running. Make your purchases through the links posted on this site or the following ones, there is no additional cost to you:
Follow us on Twitter for special news, technical articles, important promotions and rebates . We try to keep everyone informed about promotions, since they are great to save when buying.
Thank you very much for your support!