Since there isn’t much “confirmed” information about the upcoming Canon 7D Mark II around there (yet), below we list what we got so far. Remember: this is not confirmed yet and some specs/features may be wrong or partially wrong.
This post will be updated as we get nearer the announcement date and get more information.
Specs / Features:
- Very good weather sealing but not EOS-1D style top plate (usual “7D” style instead)
- 20+ MP Sensor
- New Sensor Technology (not the same sensor of EOS 70D)
- AF System very similar to EOS 5D Mark 3 (about 60+ AF points, all “cross type”)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF (with very fast Contrast Detection AF)
- Dual Digic 6 processors
- 100% Optical Viewfinder covarage with 1.0x magnification (or a bit higher)
- 10 – 12 fps in burst mode
- 3.2″ Fixed LCD Screen (not articulated)
- Dual Axis Level system
- Built-in flash works as off-camera remote flash controller
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Dual Slot Memory cards (CF + SD)
- Mic and Headphones connectors
- In-camera High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes (RAW + JPEG)
- SOME new Video features, but don’t expect too much.. Zebras or Peaking may be implemented, Sound levels monitoring while recording video too.
- Full HD video at 60p (at last!)
- Moire & Aliasing on video improved (similar to 5D Mark 3)
- Manual (electronically) and smoot control focus on STM lenses (some kind of “Rack focus” function also possible)
- New Battery (unfortunately for those who already use many LP-E6)
NOTE: If you have some information you’d like to share, please contact us via this form. We fully respect privacy and NEVER disclose any source under any circunstance.
More to come… Stay tuned!
PLEASE consider supporting this site to keep it running. Make your purchases through the links posted on this site or the following ones, there is no additional cost to you:
Thank you very much for your support!