UPDATE – March 12, 2012: This coupon still works!
UPDATE – January 15, 2012: We have been notified that this coupon code still works!
Since we thoroughly tested and have been using this controller since quite a long time, and found its great and unique features to be extremely useful, we think it’s worth sharing this news with the community.
You can find lot more details in this specific article, but just in case we post the specifications and list of features below (quote from manufacturer’s website):
- Construction: Enclosure and knob precision CNC machined from 6061 aluminum, buttons CNC lathed from Delrin
- Finish: Bead blasted and anodized
- Overall dimensions: 2.7″ x 2.65″ x 1.67″ (width, depth, height)
- Enclosure dimensions: 2.7″ x 2.65″ x 0.9″
- Knob dimensions: 1.55″ x 1.55″ x 0.7″
- Weight: 4.7 oz (including batteries)
- Power source: 2 x AAA alkaline or lithium batteries
- Battery life: 30+ hoursFeatures:
- Functions with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 1D Mark IV, 7D, 60D, 600D/Rebel T3i/Kiss X5, 550D/Rebel T2i/Kiss X4, 500D/Rebel T1i/Kiss X3
- Controls focus by use of lens autofocus motor (Canon USM lenses recommended, not all third party lenses will function)
- Works in tandem with the HDMI output of the camera, allowing you to use both the USB Focus Controller and an external monitor
- Compatible with non-powered USB extension cables – currently tested past 25 meters
- Starts/stops video recording
- Toggles Live View on/off
- Initiates image capture
- Initiates autofocus or metering
- Saves and returns to four focus points*
- Cycles digital zoom 1x/5x/10x to aid in focusing
- Adjusts focus step size and focus command send rate
- Adjusts ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation
- Adjusts focus zone positioning
- Reversible knob direction to match 3rd party lenses
- Made in the USA
As mentioned earlier, the Okii USB Focus Controller is fully compatible with the following cameras:
- Canon 1D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 60D
- Canon EOS T3i/600D
- Canon EOS T2i/550D
- Canon EOS 500D/T1i
It’s worth mentioning that this is a high quality device, with lot of features that allow you to change camera settings, start/stop video recording, change focus before and whilst recording video, and lot more.
You can use it mounted on a rig or any kind of support. When mounted on a crane, jib, car support, etc., then you get the unbeatable ability to control the camera and the focus from the distance keeping HDMI output functionality, which is an AWESOME advantage, giving you the possibility to do some shots otherwise impossible.
Okii Systems also offers a Micro Clamp which is really sturdy, very well made and very handy to easily mount the USB Focus Controller or any 1/4″-20 based accessories to any industry standard 15mm rod. Highly recommended indeed.
Additional accessories such as extension cables, etc., can be found here.
USB Follow Focus OKii on Kessler PocketJib
Use this coupon code when placing your order to get $25 discount: okii25
Please visit Okii Systems to place your order or for more details.
According to the manufacturer, this coupon is valid
thru September 14, 2011.
*UPDATE – January 15, 2012: This coupon still works!
Please help us to keep this site running. Make your purchases through the links posted on this site or the following ones, there is no additional cost to you:
Follow us on Twitter for special news, technical articles, important promotions and rebates . We try to keep everyone informed about Promotions!, since they are great to save when buying.
Thank you very much for your support.