- Firmware 2.0.7 for EOS 5D Mark II
- Thanks & Comments
EOS 5D Mark II – FIRMWARE 2.0.7
As expected and previously confirmed to us by Canon, a new firmware update is now released for the EOS 5D Mark II. According to Canon website, this new update:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses). (*)
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.
Those reports, along with users’ feedbacks were sent many times to Canon USA and Canon Europe to show Canon that this issue was a fact.
As previously explained, it not only affects (affected) Macro lenses, but also some few other non-macro lenses. For your convenience we published a list of lenses affected here.
- DOWNLOAD Firmware 2.0.7 from here:
IMPORTANT: Please take the necessary precautions during the update process. As mentioned in the download page: “Before downloading the firmware update, please be sure to read the entire contents of this page.”
THANKS & COMMENTS
We want to thank Canon for making this update. We are very glad that Canon is really “listening to customers” (not always easy to make them hear, but they actually do and THAT makes a real difference, so thanks once again Canon).
We also thank those users who participated and helped with their time to make video tests showing the iris issue and also giving feedbacks on macro and non macro lenses.
We spent lot of time, to make the tests and further reports as much detailed and clear as possible, to discard any possibility of cameras or lenses failures. As we stated many times after so many tests, this was a firmware issue, and NOT a lens issue.
Now it’s time to update!
If you appreciate our efforts and find this site helpful, please consider supporting us to keep this site running making your purchases through the links posted on this site. There is no additional cost to you at all.
Thanks a lot in advance.
-HD Cam Team (Formerly “5D Mark II Team”)