Canon has finally and officially released firmware update 1.2.5 for EOS 7D. Check our previous articles for a weird history of forth and back moves!
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
As previously posted one week ago in this article, these are the fixes and changes incorporated in this update:
Changes in this firmware:
Firmware Version 1.2.5 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were rare cases where movie files taken could not be opened when repeatedly shooting movies with specific CF cards.
2. Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were cases where “Err 02” appeared when repeatedly shooting still images with specific CF cards.
3. Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards: If either a CF card with only a little available space remaining or the battery was removed and then reinserted into the camera, and then the user attempted to start shooting movies immediately, shooting would stop.
4. Improved the writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
5. Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when custom function C.Fn 4-1 was set to assign IS start to the AF stop button on the lens: When used with lenses that do not have an AF stop button, the IS function would not work.
6. Corrected some mistakes in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese. (This applies to models in overseas markets. The models for the Japanese market do not display those languages.)
The Version 1.2.5 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.4. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.5, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Note that cameras with the Version 1.2.5 firmware (and also Versions 1.2.0 through 1.2.4) cannot be downgraded to a previous firmware version (such as Version 1.1.0 or earlier).
Yes, there is still no Manual Audio control for EOS 7D nor EOS 1D Mark IV.
As always, before updating your camera, read and follow all instructions given by Canon very carefully. Do the process with a fully charged (Canon brand) battery, and do NOT touch ANYTHING during the process.
Canon USA official download:
Please help us to keep this blog running. Make your purchases through the above or following links, there is no additional cost to you:
Photography & Accessories / Lighting & Studio / Video / Pro Video / Pro Audio / Home Entertainment / Computers & Software
Follow us on Twitter for special news, technical articles, important promotions and rebates. We try to keep everyone informed about promos, since they are great to save when buying.
Thank you very much for your support.